Call it peanut butter drops or no-bake cookie. This is for those days when I itch to make something but I am little too lazy to bake something. How much ever I love baking and am addicted to it, I must say the thought of dirty dishes piling up in the baking process lets me take a step back sometimes.
Can I also let you in on a little secret? I made a dozen cookie or so and the next day when I wanted to take a picture, there were only two left. Agnel, my husband’s pitch on that. “Its addicting, how do you expect me to control myself?”. That clearly explains the lonely cookie in the picture 🙂
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup 250ml by vol peanut butter
- 1/2 cup 125ml by vol chocolate chips (I used semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup 125ml by vol potato chips, crushed
- 1 cup 250ml by vol roasted peanuts, granola, chopped cashews or raisins (I used peanuts)
- Heat chocolate + butter in the microwave or in the bowl placed on a water bath. Once the chocolate melts well, add sugar and stir well. Stir in the peanut butter as well. Once the mixture is smooth, throw in the chips and roasted peanuts.
- Drop by spoonful onto a parchment paper or non-stick mat. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chocolate options: You can use dark chocolate bars or milk chocolate bars. Cut into even chunks before melting this.
Depending on how sweet you like, you can taste and adjust the sugar when mixing as this does not contain raw eggs. Just don't finish the mixture before you scoop it out like the way I do it sometime 🙂