Once in a while you need someone or something to remind you what you are truly capable of doing and once in a while you need someone to tell you that you have the will to do it all. One such book which has fired my neurons is ‘Lean In’ (Women, Work and the Will to Lead), a book by Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer of Facebook & Nell Scovell, TV and magazine writer. Its truly inspiring.
This is my 1st post for this Year and so I wanted to send something very special your way. So you my readers, my well wishers, my friends, first timers on this blog, this is for you and may you benefit from this brave and courageous book. I know its late, but still
Wishing you a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.
The Alchemist is another book I read about 10 years ago and I have never forgotten these wonderful quotes. I like to think of these quotes whenever I am trying to do something and things are not working the way I want it to.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
“It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
Now if you have decided to start reading then a coffee paired with this buttery chocolate marble Cake will be an ideal companion.
I finished one cake in 4 days all by myself. I can never resist a buttery coffee cake.
If you like vanilla cake or buttery cake then my friends, this is for you. If you enjoy afternoon coffee or tea then again this is for you and for those who like to munch in between, this is for you.
If are a fan of coffee cake then this chai masala/coffee cake is a must try.
Check out the video recipe of how to make Chocolate Marble Cake.
- FOR VANILLA CAKE:
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour / maida
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup + ¾ cup (14 tablespoons) 200 g unsalted butter
- 1 + ⅓ cup (265g) sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- FOR MARBLE EFFECT:
- ¼ cup vanilla batter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit / 160 degrees Celsius. Line a 8*3 inch pan with baking paper and dust with flour.
- Sift together all purpose flour + baking powder + salt and keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat together butter + sugar until soft and fluffy.
- To this add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition and scraping off the sides. ( Do not over beat)
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- Now add the flour little at a time and mix well again taking take not to overbeat.
- Stir in milk and fold the batter well.
- FOR MARBLE EFFECT:
- Transfer ¼ th cup of batter into a small bowl.
- To this add cocoa powder + milk and mix well.
- Pour ⅓ of white batter / 1st batter into the cake pan. Place few lumps of brown batter/chocolate batter randomly. Take a chopstick or a toothpick and create swirls in small circular motion across the cake.
- Alternate with white batter and then brown batter till the batter is over.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
More Quick Video Recipes: